Here’s the BEAUTIFUL Sophia Loren looking nothing short of exquisite at the 2010 Golden Globe Awards. Can you believe that she’s 75 years old? D.A.M.N. One should be so lucky to age as beautifully and gracefully as she has.
So, how can we age just like Ms. Loren? Simple, olive oil and pasta. Yep, according to Ms. Loren, she owes her curvaceous figure to lots of spaghetti and frequent use of olive oil as a beauty product (I read somewhere a while ago that she takes baths in the stuff!) for her skin.
Olive oil is rich in polyphenol, an antioxidant, which slows the process of skin wrinkling. here are some pretty interesting (beauty) uses for olive oil:
- As a deep conditioner for your hair. Yep, olive oil can give you healthy, shiny hair.
- Wet hair.
- Work a little bit of the olive oil from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Wrap your hair in plastic saran wrap (to avoid getting it all over your shirt and towel)
- Wrap your head in towel and wait 15-20 mins. before rinsing it off.
- As a makeup remover.
- Soak a cotton ball or a cotton pad (I find Shiseido’s cotton pads to be the softest) in olive oil and rub face makeup off.
- For eye makeup removal, I just apply a little to my eye area and leave it for at least 20 seconds then rub the makeup off. Leaving olive oil, or any eye makeup remover, on your eye area for a few seconds makes for a much easier removal.
- As a heavy moisturizer for the night time
- Pat a little bit of olive oil on your skin lightly before you sleep.
Here’s a beauty wisdom from Ms. Loren that I find so nice:
“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.”
So very true.