Last week, I had the privilege of attending an event for the release of Nivea’s newest line of skincare containing the latest innovation in skincare: Hydra IQ. The event, held at the elmspa had a decidedly intimate vibe with only a handful of guests in attendance for Dr. Harald Büttner’s presentation.
We were treated to some refreshments and a treatment of our choice (I chose the express mani!) wherein the Nivea’s Hydra IQ products were used.
What is Hydra IQ?
According to Dr. Büttner’s presentation, “Hydra IQ® is a breakthrough skincare active ingredient that stimulates the creation of new aquaporins*, or skin’s hydration channels.”
*Found in the cell membranes, Aquaporins are proteins that are responsible for water-distribution in our skin. The more aquaporin our skin has, the more hydrated it is — hence, it looks more youthful and fresh.
The range of Nivea’s hand and body care containing this patented innovation include:
- Express Hydration Body Lotion (for normal to dry skin and contains Sea Minerals)
- Extra Nourishing Body Milk (for dry to very dry skin and is enriched with Natural Minerals and Almond Oil)
- Smooth Replenishing Body Lotion (for dry skin; enriched with Shea Butter).
- Happy Time Body Lotion (for normal to dry skin and is enriched with Bamboo Extracts and Milk Proteins).
- SOS Skin Relief Body Lotion (for extra dry skin; contains Dexpanthenol and Calendula Oil).
Bath and Shower Care
- Harmony Time shower cream (enriched with delicate scent of White Rose Petals and moisturizing Almond Milk).
- Double Effect Shower and Shave (formulated with Avocado Oil).
- Sensual Beauty Shower Cream Oil (enriched with moisturizing Shea Oil).
- Smooth Replenishing Hand Cream (contains a blend of Macadamia Nut Oil and Vitamins).
- SOS Hand Cream (enriched with Panthenol and Calendula Oil).
- Moisturizing Care Hand Lotion (contains natural Sea Minerals).
For my express mani, the lovely Kamelia used the Express Hydration Body Lotion to massage my arms and the Moisturizing Care Hand Lotion for my hands. She couldn’t stop raving about the scent — and why wouldn’t she, they smelled SO good! My skin absorbed both hand cream and body lotion very quickly. They are indeed very hydrating on the skin without any lingering sticky or oily feeling which is, and I’m sure many will agree with me, annoying.
Stay tuned for an in depth review on some of Nivea’s Hydra IQ body products and a giveaway .
A huge thank you to Rohini and Andrea from ZenoGroup for all their hard work on the event. Ladies, it was so much fun and very informative! It was lovely to meet both of you .