So, yes, I’m wayyyy late for this post. But better late than never, right? Actually, truth be told, I would have completely forgotten to do this post were it not for Imee‘s Instagram tag. (Thanks, girlyyy!) Without further ado, here are my top beauty picks for 2012 aka the year of the worst apocalypse, ever:
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture 5 (Beige Etrusque): Hands down my most favourite nud-ish lipstick in the universe. Super flattering and super soft on the lips. I love it. I’m down to the last bit and, yes, I am repurchasing this baby.
- Alterna Kendi Oil: This does wonders for my hair especially now that’s it’s winter and the air is very dry (I’m super prone to dry and static-y hair).
- MAC’s 109 Brush: Have yet to review this baby, but I have been using it almost daily when I contour. I have the 168 which is great, I guess, but I find it too big for my face to make a precise contour. The 109 is a lot shorter and more compact, so you’ll find that it packs on more pigment, but it’s seriously the best I’ve tried so far. (A THOUSAND thanks to my MAC FAIRY!)
- Jurlique Balancing Day Care Cream: I have combination skin which leans more towards super dry in the winter (super annoying), so having a rich and moisturizing cream is a must for me each and every year. Jurlique’s Balancing Day Care Cream is super hydrating without the gross oily residue that some rich creams/moisturizers tend to leave on my skin.
- YSL Parisienne: My scent of the year. Love it so much that I bought a huge bottle as a backup. Enough said.
- Clarisonic Mia: I bought this in NYC last summer and I LOVE it. I don’t use it every day out of fear of exfoliating my skin raw, but it’s a great little thing to have. Will review soon!
- Make Up For Ever’s Lift Concealer #2 (Dark Beige): My dark circles have become more pronounced due to my horrible, horrible, horrible sleeping habits. This doesn’t completely mask, but it does a great job at hiding it a little. Thank goodness!
- Estée Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup (3WN1): Excellent foundation for those who want just a little bit of coverage. I’m not well versed in foundation, but I think this is the best (of the very few) I’ve tried. It’s super light and leaves a slightly dewey finish. Love it.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Moonshine): Prior to Shimmering Skin Perfector, I’d been using MAC’s Strobe Cream. It was not horrible, but I didn’t like how super shiny it made my skin look. This has a much more understated and subtle (i.e. more natural) finish.
- Chloé Eau de Parfum: Very lovely scent and an equally lovely flacon.
- MAC 109 Contouring Brush: Love how small and compact this brush is. Perfect for contouring.
- Illamasqua: I’m definitely a warm red lipstick girl in the winter time. This and MAC’s Viva Glam I are my top picks for vampy lips.
- Maybelline One by One: I’m nowhere near as picky with mascara as I am with lipstick or foundation. One by One doesn’t add much volume to my lashes, but I love that it doesn’t flake or smudge at all. Great buy.
- Jurlique Lavender Shower Gel: Okay, I keep referring to this as Jasmine, but it’s clearly Lavender. Great scent. Very soft on the skin and lathers up quite nicely. Perfecto.
What were your top beauty picks for 2012??